When you get into any new hobby, sport, or passion, you typically have a whole new set of words and actions you have to learn, cycling is no different. Especially when you add in training with power, there’s a lot to learn and go into. This episode gets the bulk of those terms out in front of you and demystified.
Here’s the list of what we go over:
- Power – training with Power
- Smart Trainer
- ERG Mode
- FTP – Functional Threshold Power
- VO2 Max
- Lactate Threshold
- TSS – Training Stress Score
- NP – Normalized Power
- IF – Intensity Factor
- Ramp Test
- SPAM – Sustained Power and Muscular Effort Intervals
- HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training
- LSD – Long Slow Distance
We go into depth on each other those and tie some of those terms into what you’ll see on your Strava workouts too.
For future reference, we’ve also added a blog post with all the definitions there for you.